- Pre-Law Certificate
CERTIFICATE IN PRE-LAW SKILLS AND PROFESSIONAL VALUES
(Scroll down to find application and award information)
TO APPLY FOR THE CERTIFICATE:
Please follow the instructions below very carefully to APPLY for the Pre-Law Skills and Professional Values Certificate.
- You must have completed 60 credits at any college/university prior to applying for this certificate. You may take or have taken courses towards the certificate before then, but wait until you have completed 60 credits to apply for the certificate.
- You must be a degree-seeking student at FIU.
- There is no minimum GPA requirement.
- The certificate is FREE; please ignore the $30 charge mentioned on the application.
1. Print out the application for the certificate at:
2. Complete the first page of the application.
3. If you are a Florida resident, complete Section I on page 3 of the application.
4. Sign and date the bottom of page 3 of the application.
5. Drop off the completed application to the secretary or a pre-law advisor at SIPA 410.
6. Check your unofficial transcript 4 weeks later to make sure that it states “Pre-Law Skills and Professional Values Certificate.”
7. If your unofficial transcripts do not say that, email the secretary or a pre-law advisor to let them know.
TO BE AWARDED THE CERTIFICATE:
Please follow the instructions below very carefully to be AWARDED the certificate:
This certificate will not be awarded automatically. You must follow the instructions below very carefully to be AWARDED the certificate:
1. After you have applied for graduation, drop off a copy of your unofficial transcripts at SIPA 410, highlighting the certificate courses you successfully completed. (You must have earned a C or better in those courses.)
2. Note on those unofficial transcripts that you have indeed applied for graduation and the date you applied.
3. Please check your transcripts to ensure that you are “awarded” the Pre-Law Skills and Professional Value Certificate about 4-6 weeks after your graduation. If not, please contact a pre-law advisor or secretary in SIPA 410.